Monday, June 2, 2008

A Room - Installation Idea

A Room, In Progress Sketch, Spring 2008

This photo is from my sketch book. One of my long terms goal in regard to my art is promoting education and open minds when it comes to the human form. This installation sketch is of a room with many different mannequins representing a variety of bodies. The mannequins will be created with a creative assortment of materials which will help further convey the message and stereotype of each form. Each individual sculpture will be roughly life size to create a more intimate interaction with the piece.

Now, this has been done to certain degrees before (like with real bodies). I wanted to stick in some image references but the names are escaping me at the moment.
- - - - - - - - -
Since the opening I have been running around quite a bit! Chad is moving from Saint Paul to Aspen, CO (we are leaving for that leg of his move on Thursday). I am also in the midst of designing some art classes to teach this summer at Flourish. I have to have all of that done before we leave for CO, so no new art for a couple of weeks. I will get back to my easel soon.

Happy June!

2 comments:

m said...

hi you, i WISH i was coming to visit this summer. i miss you all! i might be able to make it out in the fall (we will have to see about financing such an adventure.)

you may be thinking of vanessa beecroft, who did something similar with living women, usually models. then there are artists like lorraine o'grady who used their own bodies in space (not a full room, just themselves) to make a statement.

m said...

oh, and i should have added: i would love to help in any way i can. need a curator?