Sunday, April 12, 2009

Canvas Project - Ready, GO!

My canvases for the Canvas Project

About a month ago I signed up to participate in the Canvas Project Volume 2 which is hosted by Art House Coop, an incredibly inspiring art entity. From my crude scanning of their website I have learned that they have a gallery in Georgia where they have exhibits and host art residencies. They also create projects like the one in which I am participating. The projects are basically a way to bring art to everyone and a way to enable any artist, the curious doodler to DaVinci, to exhibit and be published.

Man, I wish I had thought of that first!



Art House Coop Links:

main website: http://www.arthousecoop.com/
canvas project vol. 2: http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/canvasproject
blog: http://arthousecoop.blogspot.com/
twitter: http://twitter.com/arthouse

The project involves 5 small canvases and 5 randomly selected words from a user generated collection. Each canvas must be about one of the 5 words. When the project is finished they select at least one canvas from each artist's complete collection to be displayed in a final exhibit in the Atlanta International Airport. There will also be a book published of the show. Each artist that sends back all five canvases will be published and exhibited for only $18. Let me tell you, that is WAY less than buying all of the supplies yourself.

It is basically a worldwide community art project.

To participate by adding words (free) or by painting 5 canvases click HERE!

So, here are my words. I didn't know the meaning of one so that was fun!


I haven't done any sketches yet, it has bee a busy week (school dinners and Korean classes).

This is what was in the package I received at school.

Here are my little canvases. They are each 3 x 3 inches.


Let me know if you have any gut reactions to the words. I haven't thought of anything yet but I will start sketching soon. If the small canvases go well I may create bigger versions. We'll see.

- - - -

One another note, I am thinking about broadening the posts on my blog to a more general art site and not just my work. I really enjoy spreading information and I am not really painting very much. I basically just have to decide if I want to start a whole new blog or shoot off of this one. A large part of me wants ot start a new blog that is slightly more anonymous and not connected to my art. Let me know if you have an opinion! Thanks!

- - - -



ALSO, Chad started a new website - Brevity 5. He posts a different image/subject everyday and then writes only 5 words about the topic. I have really been enjoying it - great thing to add to your morning coffee.

1 comment:

Just Kaz said...

I wanna do some lil canvases! But, Linky no worky.

I really liked the word "nelipot", I think I am one. Or is it the adjective?

Can't really advise on the blog sitch, that's your decision, sad that your not painting much tho...