Monday, March 3, 2008

You Name It III



You Name It III, acrylic and mixed media on board, 21x13 1/2 in.

This piece I started about two months ago. I loved the beginning but I went about it with no plan and now I am stumped. I have added a bit of color to the collage and ink markings I made the first day. If nothing strikes me soon I will just continue to add washes to the piece. Leaving it ambiguous will be great for everyone making the piece something unique to their own imagination.

The board, by the way, was found in Sam's Wine and Spirits by Marty from the back of a wine case. If you look closely you can see the map of the region etched into the wood. Thanks Marty!


Detail 1

All of the collage elements in this piece are form a book called Patrick's Dinosaurs by Carol Carrick. I am a tad guilty of not only being influenced by the images but also the story that goes along with them. That being said, Detail 1 shows the little boy, Patrick. I like the idea of him being dumped into whatever is going on in the painting.


Detail 2

This detail shows how I integrated the collage pieces into the board. I adhered them to the board and then continued the lines from some of the images onto the board with ink. I used varied lines for to make the hard edges less apparent.


Detail 3

Let me know what you thought of this piece. Tell me what your first instinct was regarding the subject matter. I love to hear what people see and your ideas might help me finish this piece!

Please sign up for my blog updates by clicking the link at the bottom of the page. My goal is to have 20 people signed up by next Monday. Help me do that! Thanks!

5 comments:

America SCORES Chicago said...

I think this picture is symbolic of males. Since we do most of our thinking from the waste down, you have symbolically demonstrated the absense of the "torso and up" mind in the world of lost chivalry today. Maybe.

Kate Korroch said...

WB, thanks for that! That is amazing!! What a great prospective. I kind of saw it as nightmare-ish, this is just pushing that further. Thank you, thank you!

Marty said...

Very nice, good movement and tension. This series with collage is rocking. Keep it up. I think I may have some more boards for you, too.

You need to start planning an opening/show somewhere!

Marty said...

Chivalry Machine

Kate Korroch said...

I love it! (and nice teamwork!)