Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Explore the Wild Opening!

This is the sign outside of Flourish Studios.

The opening was a huge success! I am thrilled that everything went so well. We had a huge turnout and I even sold a painting! In this post you can just browse through the pictures I have posted. Sadly, I took no pictures and I have not gotten my hands on all of the pictures that were taken. Enjoy the blips you can see, I might add more later.

Also, thank you for reading this blog. If I didn't feel somewhat accountable to keeping my readers entertained I would not have produced the work which I exhibited in the show.


Me with Zoollpaper, Solo Duet and From the Zoo

This is Andrew Heber. His encaustics are behind us! Andrew and I met while studying at an art school with UGA in Cortona, Italy.

Here is my Tulip, Casey. She had to leave the opening early and run off to the Cornservatory because she is a woman of many talents.


My absolutely wonderful Grandparents came to the opening from Michigan. They were so fun to have there (Grama took almost all of the pictures in this post) and the next day I got to see Grama on Mother's Day!


For those of you who don't know, this is my super-deeee-doooper Chad. Needless to say, I couldn't have done all of this without his endless support.


Chad chatting with Anne Leuck Feldhaus and her husband, Rich Feldhaus.








Some of the work by Casey Searles and Andrew Heber. Casey's work is to the left of the column, Andrew's to the right.



My two paintngs flanking Casey's cupcake. Francine the Asian Pear, on the right, sold on the night of the opening! Thank you Tim and Annie!

Some of my You Name It paintings looking into the main gallery space.

Casey did a post about the opening too! Check it out on her blog! You should also check out her post previous to the one about the opening. In that post Casey has some pictures up of some of the pieces she had in Explore the Wild. Alright, its back to the easel for me.

6 comments:

liz said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the excitement. Pictures are great. We were thinking of you and wished we could have been there............Liz

Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy for you...and congratulations on the sale!

casey! said...

YAY!!! Those are great pictures, thanks for posting!
mwah!

m said...

congratulations, this is great!

Marty said...

Congrats!!! It was good times and great art!

Annie Speicher said...

thank you Kate! Our Francine is home now. You may see her whenever you want.