Thursday, May 8, 2008

Francine the Asian Pear

Francine the Asian Pear, mixed media on board, 28x23"

I pumped out a few paintings last Monday before I hung the show. Recently I sold a piece of fruit on etsy so I figured more fruit might not hurt. I enjoy doing it and the more classic still life is a little more likely to sell.


Here are some process photos. It is fun to see the collage process. The reason I enjoy using text in collage is not for reference to literature but to use the line of the text as a contour for the shape of the piece--it gives an extra dimension to the paintings of everyday objects.

Some of the collage pieces I died in tea They are not strategically placed but I like the patchy look, its the Asian Pear look.

Don't forget about EXPLORE THE WILD on Saturday!!! More info is in the last blog entry! I am so excited!

Thanks!

2 comments:

Bob said...

A Mazing!

Anonymous said...

Love that pear painting!Glad you put it in the show....Happy Opening! What a great turn out and lovely event...congratulations Kate!!!